SFU LIVE endeavors to keep SFU LIVE a place where discussion and engagement can occur in a safe manner. In order to accomplish this, SFU LIVE requires the following commitments from all Users:
Bullying and Harassment:
- The User agrees that they will not at any time while using SFU LIVE bully, harass, abuse, or intimidate other SFU LIVE Users.
Violence, discrimination, threats:
- The User agrees that they will not at any time while using SFU LIVE post content which depicts, endorses, or incites violence. Users must agree to further refrain from engaging in activities or posting content which threatens or discriminates against other individuals.
- The User agrees that they will not at any time while using SFU LIVE post content which SFU LIVE Moderators and/or Administrators have deemed to be hate speech, pornography, endorsement or incitement of violence, or any content deemed discriminatory or threatening.
- The User agrees that they will not facilitate, encourage, or endorse contraventions of the SFU LIVE User Agreement.
Malicious Products and Activities:
- The User agrees that they will not at any time engage in the uploading or transmission of viruses, malware, or other malicious code or products while using SFU LIVE.
Solicitation of Login Information:
- The User agrees that they will not at any time solicit login information while using SFU LIVE.
- The User agrees that they will not at any time access or attempt to access an SFU LIVE account belonging to someone other than themselves while using SFU LIVE services.
- The User agrees that they will not use SFU LIVE to engage in activities that are unlawful. The User agrees that they will not at any time attempt to use or use SFU LIVE as a platform for a DDOS attack or other unlawful activity.
SFU LIVE Website Manipulation:
- The User agrees that they will not at any time engage in activities that would or could disable, impair, render inoperable, deface or overburden any and/or all SFU LIVE services.
- The User agrees that they will not at any time use any automated means to access SFU LIVE and/or its content, including the use of web-crawlers and other related software tools.
Uploading/Creating Original or Third Party Content
- SFU LIVE is a platform for the discussion of many different topics. However, certain topics will be considered inappropriate (active hate speech, for example), while others may be considered inappropriate based on age or country. Therefore, SFU LIVE Users agree that when uploading, creating or engaging in discussions which involve subject matters involving violence, gambling, sexual activity, crime, alcohol and drugs, weapons, pharmaceuticals, they shall either apply appropriate age and geographical restrictions on such content, or in lieu of such mechanisms, provide warnings to Users regarding what is contained in said content and discussions to the best of their ability.
- The User agrees to create only one personal SFU LIVE account. Multiple User accounts are not permitted.
Restrictions on Uploading/creating original/third party content:
- The User agrees that they will not at any time while using SFU LIVE upload any original or third party content which SFU LIVE Moderators and/or Administrators find to be in contravention of site standards, including but not limited to content which involves pornography, hate speech, discrimination, threats, incitement of violence, or mature content.
- The User agrees that they will not upload or post unauthorized commercial communications. This includes unwanted promotional/commercial content and/or mass solicitation. All Users will refrain from aggressively adding, attempting to add, or soliciting other Users as “Friends” in SFU LIVE.
Personal and Confidential Information:
- The User agrees that they will not at any time distribute another individual’s confidential and personal information (including but not limited to debit and credit card information, or identification numbers such as an individual’s SIN, account passwords or usernames) without the express consent and permission of that individual.
Sexually Explicit Material:
- The User agrees that they will not upload, distribute, direct traffic to, endorse, or create content which contains sexually explicit material (including images or content containing nudity, pornography, and graphic sex acts). The profile pictures of SFU LIVE Users may not contain mature content (including images of cleavage, exposed buttocks, or other content deemed sexually suggestive by SFU LIVE Administrators and/or Moderators).
Impersonation & Deceptive Behavior:
- The User agrees that they will neither sign up for SFU LIVE nor use SFU LIVE services under false pretenses, including providing false names, addresses, email accounts, or falsifying other personal identification information. This includes fictional accounts as well as purportedly “personal” accounts actually based on other existing persons. The User agrees to refrain from claiming to act as a representative of SFU LIVE.
The User agrees that they will not upload, create or share content which is considered child exploitation as understood within s. 163.1(1) of the Canadian Criminal Code. This includes all visual representations of child sexual abuse (either real depictions or fictional/digital/cartoon imagery), as well as written, audio, and visual material which advocates or endorses sexual abuse of children, or materials whose dominant feature is the description, presentation, or representation for a sexual purpose of sexual activity with a person under the age of eighteen. All instances of child exploitation will be met with appropriate action, including reporting to the relevant authorities.